Wednesday, October 29, 2014

Tweezerman Facial Hair Remover Coil Review!

Like most dark haired women I have hair on my upper lip. It's not out of control or a full on mustache or anything but it's definitely noticeable to me. I have always either gotten my lip threaded or used a hair removal cream to maintain my womanly stash. Threading hurts somewhat but it's over quickly. The only problem with threading is it can be inconvenient because you have to leave the house to get it done. I don't know about you, but sometimes I don't even realize how bad I need to remove my hair until I look in my magnifying mirror to put on my makeup! And then I usually have somewhere to go resulting in my mustache living yet another day. Hair removing creme works well but my skin is very sensitive and becomes irritated when I use this so I ruled that out of my hair removing options. Then one day when I was in ULTA I spotted this guy here
A coil to remove your facial hair yourself! Why didn't I see this sooner? I read good reviews on this product saying that it was effective and easy to use after a little practice. So I used all of my ULTA rewards points and a coupon and ended up getting this for $.38. As soon as I got it in the mail I read the instructions and gave it a try...

Overall, this hair coil is easy to use. You hold the coil to the area you want to remove hair with the word "Tweezerman" facing you and twist the metal handles whichever way the arrows point. You just move while twisting and the hair is just supposed to come right out.

This sucker HURTS. I get my lip threaded so I thought I would be okay with the pain but this guy brought tears to my eyes. I think it's because threading is so fast and this pulls out only a few hairs at a time. It felt like I was plucking each hair out one-by-one, which isn't a good feeling at all. I was moving the coil at a constant pace so it wasn't user error, the coil is just so small it can only grab a few hairs no matter what!
 The coils themselves

In addition to being painful, I think the coils them self are too far apart so they couldn't grab onto my thinner hairs. It skipped over most of my hairs and only grabbed onto the thicker, darker, and longer hairs. Some of them got removed, but I noticed most of the hairs were just broken off. So basically I now had stubble... how lovely. That's exactly what I don't want!

This invention was a good idea and concept but it didn't work for me. Maybe it works for someone who has thicker hair (I have pretty thick and dark hair). I was really patient and tried this thing out for a good 20 minutes and it didn't make a dent in my lady stash. I've tried it several times since my first trial but I still can't seem to get it to work on me. I have resorted back to threading because it gets the job done! I guess I can use this gadget between threadings to clean up and random hairs but honestly I would rather just bring out the tweezers themselves. It wasn't a huge loss because I only paid $.38 for the Tweezerman coil but I still wish I could get my ulta rewards points back!





No comments:

Post a Comment