Friday, October 24, 2014

My Fall Beauty Must Haves!

Fall is a beautiful time of year, and in the beauty world it's a time for warmer colors and dramatic looks! Who doesn't love those things? Plus fall also means wearing leggings everyday is socially acceptable! But that's beside the point.. Here are a few things that I have to have for fall time:

1. Lipstick! Fall colors to me are so beautiful. Deep purples, reds, nudes... they all pull your fall look together. Matte lipsticks are also very essential to fall so fall in love with mattes!! Here are a few of my favorite lipsticks:
Matte Lipsticks: 
Maybelline ColorSensational Creamy Matte Lipsticks 
Left: 680 Mesmerizing Magenta
Right: Lust For Blush
These were the only colors I could get my hands on that's how amazing these lipsticks are! I went to Target and got these, then went to another Target and I couldn't even find them. If you come across these get as many as you can! I love them and love the price tag - about $6. 
Nude Lipsticks:
Too Faced Lipsticks
Left: Taffy
Middle: Nude Beach
Rimmel London Kate Lipstick
Right: 070 Airy Fairy
I love all 3 of these colors and formulas but my favorite is Airy Fairy! I just think it is a beautiful nude and it goes well with my skin tone. It's a little shimmery but not too much and it's a drugstore brand so it's not too damaging on the wallet - around $8!
Deep Brown/Plum Lipstick:
Clinique Long Last Lipstick in Sugared Maple
I got this lipstick from my boyfriend's mom who got it in one of those Clinique gift bags that you get from buying one of their special offers. She didn't want it so I took it of course.. can't say no to free makeup! I didn't think I would end up wearing this lipstick at all but when I tried it on I loved it! It's a great darker color, and even if you don't like wearing darker lipsticks you should try it out.
Here are the swatches in order from left to right: Mesmerizing Magenta, Lust for Blush, Taffy, Nude Beach, Airy Fairy, and Sugared Maple

2. Nail Polish. Again nail polishes are all about fall colors! Maroons, golds, warm nudes, purples, etc. Unfortunately when I went to target (the same time as the lipstick) they were all sold out of Wet n Wild nail polish which is what I went for. I don't think I'll be going back to that Target location... Anyways I got what colors I could!! Here are some of my favorite colors that I have on hand:
Wet n Wild Megalast Nail Polish
Left: 205B Sugar Coat
Right: 206C Undercover
I've just recently tried this product and I LOVE it!!! These polishes have great colors, pigment, texture, and overall quality. And guess what? They're dirt cheap.. literally only a little over a dollar per bottle. Maybe it's a good thing they we're all sold out at Target or I would have bought all of them!
Essie Nail Polish
Left: Midnight Cami
Middle: Armed And Ready
Right: Over The Edge
Some might say these are winter colors.. but I like wearing them whenever I feel like :) I think fall means dark colors are allowable right? I'm from Houston so we don't know too much about season's anyways. But I love Essie, they're a little over priced but when you find nice colors why not? These are all shimmery, unlike the Wet n Wild ones which are matte, and they're all beautiful dark colors. I love them all!

3. Bold Eyeshadow. Fall is a time where you can really rock a bold look on your eyes with deep colors. I went ahead and bought this palette because I thought it was beautiful and only $15!

NYX Dream Catcher Pallete
Golden Horizons
NYX is a great company but it's either a hit or miss with them. I bought this palette because I found the colors just mesmerizing and I had to have it. Unfortunately the formula of the shadows is really powdery and not very pigmented.. that being said (honesty is the best policy) I just wanted to show y'all what fall colors look like to me. This is just an example of course they're are plenty of more colors. I still want to play around with this palette and hopefully get some good looks out of it!

4. Moisturizers. The weather is getting colder which means drier skin. For most people this won't be a problem because you moisturize daily, but I am a major freak when it comes to this... I HATE lotion. What?!?! I know, I know. I am weird. I wish I liked lotion I really do, but I cannot stand the way it feels on my hands. If I could have a personal lotion-putter-oner I totally would. Anyways, I have found some products that work best for me.
I seriously love this stuff!!! It's not gross feeling at all on my hands after applying it and it provides pretty good moisture. Vaseline improved my life tremendously whenever they invented this. 
I use this Curel lotion whenever I need extra nourishment. It doesn't leave your hands feeling as slippery as regular lotion but I still have to wash my hands after applying it. I know I'm so weird. But this stuff really isn't as near as bad as other lotions and has great moisture!
And don't forget about your lipies! This product works miracles. They have 3 different versions of this "lip sized" Vaseline but this is the only one I've tried. It provides great moisture to your lips that lasts me all night. I always wake up with soft lips and I love that feeling :)

These are all my favorite beauty products for the fall, it's not very much but I think it's all you really need! I hope you can try some of these products out!

No comments:

Post a Comment